Friday, April 13, 2012

Mr.Humble

    I'm sure you too accept your own labels, keeping in mind certain self-accepted notions. Some might by imposed by others too. People's ideas as to who we are. And while some of these imposed-ideas could be permissible, some are flat-out.

   I ask all this because I contemplate on this daily. Some people refer to me as 'Giver of Sarcasm.' Not that I reject it, but I honestly don't prefer embracing mockery. Yes, it might be of my most obvious(say, 95%) traits, but at other times, I want to be kind too.

   The reason I started these thoughts into my mind is that I've stepped into another role; a new label.  Blogger-and writer. For one, I truly admire words.

    There is something distinctively magical I find in all words. The way they evoke emotions, thoughts, feelings, actions and reactions. At least, the only such other thing in life is music. At least to me.

    Words. Are. Powerful. And putting them down isn't a job to be taken lightly either.  In most cases, I mean.
   
    And yes, even as I let my keyboard loose while putting down these thoughts, I'm marveling at the significance of words. 

27 comments:

  1. Superbbbbb.... Loved it... :)

    @Sandy.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post..!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well expressed, Rohit..!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Giver of sarcasm thats a nice title :) I would love to have that :P
    And very true about the writing part..and truly music holds the same amount of magic :) Same pinch!

    First time over here i suppose..thanks for the lovely comment back there on my post.I was really awed to see your blogger profile image!(don't know why though)

    P.S.-The blog u hoped on is mostly dead :P you can try this one out if you are interested>http://reigningwanderer.blogspot.in/ :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, I know people envy me for the title and the picture too..:D yes, glad you agree with my viewpoint. Okay, will do that.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for your nice comment. I just read a few of your recent posts - I like your thoughts about reading and writing in particular (and your reasons for using a pencil instead of a pen!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha,, thanks for going that back! yeah, I guess it's quite random, and I love it.

      Delete
  6. A funny thing happens when you put on the writer-blogger label, you start to take yourself seriously. Good luck on all your writing ventures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A quote I love: “I think music is what language once aspired to be. Music allows us to face God on our own terms because it reaches beyond life.
    ~Simon Van Booy

    Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a wonderful quote; truly captures the essence of music. Thanks!

      Delete
  8. Blogging is so much fun. Enjoy putting words down. Thanks for the visit.

    Catch My Words
    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Agree writing is fun but isn't as easy as it seems. But i have a question, would a humble person ever call himself 'humble'...would he not be humble enough to not title himself. Also why should u care about what titles others give u...Just anyway continue to be the writter-blogger that you believe you are. Must say, a very interesting post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've raised something interesting here. Whoops! Nice commentary.
      Oh yes, thanks. i'll do that.

      Delete
  10. diving deep into words leaves a different magical feeling-
    cheers
    Sush

    ReplyDelete
  11. By penning everything down, our thoughts become so much more clearer :)

    Words do create magic :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Interesting comparison - music and words. Words do have magical power.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Blogging has become a fun hobby, but it can also be time consuming... especially during April.

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, but I'm sure bloggers must be enjoying the April A to Z challenge.

      Delete
  14. The pen is mightier than the sword......

    ReplyDelete

Pages